Monday, February 11, 2013

Red Velvet Crinkle Cookie


With Valentines Day coming up this week I have just a little more time to fit an as many red treats as possible.  This year I am really into red velvet.  Probably because I have never made anything red velvet before.  These red velvet crinckle cookies seemed perfect.  They were super easy and the kids even helped me make them.  They especially loved rolling the cookie dough balls in the sugar.
These cookies started out with a cake mix and I used this recipe.  I did make one major change and it made all the difference.  I turned them into a sandwich by putting a cream cheese frosting on the cookies.  It was much better that way.  The funny thing about the cookies was that Bob and I both thought they were really good the night I made them.  But thought they were pretty bland the next day.  So I would recommend eating them while warm.



3 comments:

Stylishly in love said...

This looks amazing. Need to try it.

If you get a sec, check out my latest post 'Anchors Away'.

Kisses,
Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

Chandra said...

PINNED! You're awesome, Doranda!!!

Chandra
More Modern Modesty

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Perfect for Valentine's Day!