Monday, September 3, 2012

Date Night

Bob and I went on a date on Friday!  Normally it isn't that big of a deal but I don't think we have been on a date since we were in San Diego.  I didn't even feel up for going out for our anniversary or my birthday :(  So we were both pretty excited to get out.  My appetite has pretty much been gone which is a struggle for me.  I so want to want food.  Does that make sense?  I really wanted to go to Outback and to get a big juicy steak and to love it like I normally would.  Or maybe a big chocolate piece of cake with ice cream.  The reality was that by the time we finished our salads I was done.  There was no way I was going to eat any more.  As they brought our our meals we asked for the desert to go and a few boxes along with the check.  I tried to stay out and just talk but I really wanted to be laying down in bed.  It was a little bit funny because I wondered if the waitress thought we were on some sort of bad date.  After we left the restaurant I really wanted to stay out and enjoy a date so we went to Lowe's and just walked around and talked.  It was great to get to go on a date with Bob and even though I wasn't feeling all the way up for it I am glad we did it and it was a step in the right direction.  Maybe next time I will be back to my normal steak loving self.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That's too bad you weren't feeling well for your date :( But that's good you decided to go walk around Lowes and make the best of it...sometimes my favorite dates are just doing simple things like going out grocery shopping by ourselves!